Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!!.  Do you have resolutions?  Me?  No.  I quit that years ago because I'd make them one day and break them within a week.  Wonder if that had anything to do with resolutions were always related to a diet or exercise..hmmmm...  Anyway, now I just do, um,  suggestions.  So my suggestions to myself for 2014 will be:  to make more cards for OWH.  (My craftiness is severely lacking--more on that to come), do better at cleaning house, cook more (boy, this should be an easy one to accomplish), and be more active (another one that should be easy to accomplish).  Nothing about every day, x times a week..just plain and simple, more than I did last year. 


OK, the craftiness part.  I used to be crafty, but years of being tied up with school, job, life, and not doing anything crafty pretty much dried up the creative spirit.  I want to be, but just seem to freeze up.  Doesn't stop me from buying all the stuff though.  A few years back I gave a birthday card to a friend and told her, "I hope you like this card, it cost about 200 dollars and thanks I appreciate that."  You see, I collected but didn't create-I did support the economy though (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).  Flash forward and it's probably a thousand per card.  But, I am starting to get some inspiration going.  It's always been cards that I want to do, not scrapbooking.  I've watched tons of tutorials, followed bunches of blogs and a bizillion blog hops, but didn't put it in to action for fear of not doing it right.  perfectionist?    Finally, I get it, you can't improve if you don't do something to improve upon.  It's only paper, you can toss it.  Have made quite a few now and I agonize over each and every one.  I'm not at a place where I can automatically know what I did that wasn't right, but I do know when it's not right.  I have to set it aside and keep looking at it for awhile to figure it out.  Also, challenges put me in a panic, I don't seem to be able to "create" on demand. It's weeks after the challenge that I finally figure out what I would do. 


So, another suggestion to myself for 2014 is to learn how to do this blog thing (I'm really a private person), learn how to photograph my cards (well) and post them, and to join challenges- I know this will force me to be more forward thinking and acting and creativity will come back. 


So my journey for the year will be... to improve.  I can't wait to see where that takes me.  Come on 2014, I'm ready for you.  Looking forward to the challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment